Friday 22 July 2011

Hot Dogs


These hot dogs are brilliant. They are exactly like 'meat' hot dogs in terms of consistency, thus evoking childhood memories when eating them...

What you can see in the above picture is the sausages - made from scratch, according to a recipe from the incredible Julie Hasson - on normal finger rolls, with lettuce (I prefer round lettuce: iceberg offends me...), fried onions, diced cucumber, ketchup, and American mustard. I had some guacamole, and a home-made red pepper and cashew 'cheddar' dip, so I served them over plain nachos as a side-dish.

I cannot recommend these sausages/hot dogs highly enough - especially if, like me, you find that food is evocative of good memories, or you just like sausages; these lend themselves to being sliced, and added to pasta sauces, pizzas, sandwiches, etc., as well as to being spiced/flavoured a massive number of ways.

From sausage to hot dog:


2 comments:

  1. I tried this recipe on Memorial Day. Turned out great! Thanks for sharing. I also have a new blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem. :)

    Not gone raw, yet, then?

    Thanks for following.
    I'll have a look at your blog, now.

    ReplyDelete